“To engage, encourage, and equip Christ-following women.”
The saying that, “The whole is worth more than sum of its’ parts” is not just poetry, and goes beyond prophecy; it is a promise. Jesus prayed that we would be unified, that we would be one, and in our obedience to being God’s answer to that prayer, we can be assured that God takes what we do and blesses it as only His mighty hand of multiplication can. In this multiplication, more people are loved, cared for, fed, served, clothed, given a helping hand, healthcare, a second chance, hope, shelter, educated, and prayed for than any of us could ever hope to reach on our own. Love is a verb, and our coalition brings people together to DO love, to provide all kinds of acts of love that change people’s lives; hopefully for eternity. But no matter what the circumstance or challenge, we know we were called to LOVE, and we act in obedience to that calling. We wake up every day and ask ourselves, “As a follower of Christ, who can I show His love to today?”
Philippians 2:12-13 says: “So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.”
We tend to think of being in the mission field only when we are on a ministry trip to another country or a church project where we go serve on a weekend; but with this Scripture in mind, Paul reminds us that God’s work in and through us does not just happen when your Pastor is in the church van with you. God’s purposes are meant to be implemented wherever we are even if there is not a cross on the building. You were commissioned and commanded to share Christ’s love wherever you are, all day, every day. Your daily commute is a “daily mission trip” and it is vital that we view our workplace as our mission field – knowing that God is working in us and through us for His will and work to be done at our workplace “as it is in heaven.” We work for Him, He equips us with all we need and sends us into our workplace to live out our love for Him and our “neighbor” – our coworkers, employees, customers, clients, etc… God places people in our path all day long by His design, not by accident. This radio interview is a crash course on LOVE2020 and how we can be missionaries for the Kingdom by working out and walking in the love of Christ every day. Love is a verb, let’s get moving… at work!
Love2020 is a grass-roots movement of Christians adopting a prayer-care-share lifestyle. Love2020 is living the life of love and letting the Holy Spirit empower us to love others as Jesus has loved us and has given His life for us.
Network with women in ministry leadership (home, church, community, nation) who will incorporate the prayer-care-share lifestyle into their spheres of influence.
PURPOSE AND POSSIBILITIES of networking with women include:
- Collaborate and co-labor with women in this endeavor through prayer support, fellowship and encouragement.
- Coach and/or mentor as needed or requested.
- Teach those interested how to launch a prayer-care- share ministry
With a foundation of prayer, God’s plans surpass our human efforts and ideas to transform our homes, communities, and society. We participate in God’s will through listening and following His direction.
- PRAY FOR YOURSELF
- Vibrant, contagious walk with God (Colossians 3:2)
- Daily time before the Lord in prayer, fellowship and Bible study (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Heart for those who don’t know Christ (Romans 10:1)
- Desire and willingness to reach out to others (Acts 4:29)
- PRAY FOR OTHERS
- Pray for those you encounter on a daily basis, that their hearts will be open to Christ (Ephesians 1:18)
- Ask God for divine opportunities and offer to pray with or for others as opportunities arise
- Enlist a friend to pray with you for those in your sphere of influence (Matthew 18:19-20)
- Prayer walk your neighborhood, work place, or community (Ephesians 6:18)
- PRAY FOR THOSE YOU LEAD
- Pray for them to catch the vision of living a prayer-care-share lifestyle (Colossians 4:2-6)
- Pray for them to identify their scope of outreach (Luke 2:10)
- Ask God to give them guidance so that they will take action (1 Thessalonians 2:2)
- Pray they will multiply the prayer-care-share lifestyle ( See 2 Timothy 2:2)
Look for opportunities to care for others in tangible ways. Showing the love of God builds relationships and opens doors to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Be friendly, show interest by asking questions and being a good listener.
- Meet needs: offer rides, take a meal, run errands, welcome new neighbors, help a new mom or the elderly
- Invite people over to your home for coffee or a meal. Host a social such as a holiday party
- Organize a service project to meet needs of those around you, such as yard work, house or car repair, baby sitting co-op, etc.
God desires to use who you are, where you live, or socialize to make an impact for eternity. As you pray and care, keep in mind that the goal is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Share the Gospel one on one using your testimony, a tract, or Bible verses
- Invite people to an event where the gospel will be presented
- Begin an outreach Bible study in your neighborhood, workplace or community
- Neighborhood Bible Study 2Go www.nbs2go.com
- Joy International www.joyintl.org
- True Identity www.trueidentityministries.org
- Cru www.cru.org/how-to-know-god.html
- Q Place www.qplace.com
- The Navigators www.navigators.org/Tools
- Somebody Care https://somebodycares.org/?p=3912&preview=true
- Somebody Cares Store https://somebodycares.org/store/index.php/somebody-cares.html
- Start a Food Pantry http://www.professionz.com/usa/ny/start-a-food-pantry.html
- Start a Clothing Ministry http://www.ehow.com/info_8289324_ideas-running-clothing-ministry.html